Thank you again for participating in an All Youth Story Circle. Below are some follow up links to resources as well as ways to share feedback and/or stay in touch.
Follow up survey: Your feedback is super welcome! We warmly invite you to complete Fthis short survey (please click here) about your experience as a Story Circle participant.Note: This is completely optional but very helpful as this is a new project and participant feedback can offer new insights and help make it better for others.Want to host your own Story Circle?Here is the toolkit! Please let us know if you do host a story circle on your own. And please share any feedback or edits you’d like to offer.
Want to sign up for more or let others (youth or adults) know about Story Circles? Thank you. Please send yourself and/or others to storyworksak.org/circles.
Land acknowledgement resources: If you would like to learn more about land acknowledgements and the native stewards of the land you reside on, here are two resources you could begin with: Native Movement land acknowledgement resources Native Land Digital (maps of stewardship and original territories)
Alaska-based participants:You may be eligible for a $200 stipend for hosting story circles! Through our partnership with the Alaska Humanities Forum, you can apply for a $200 stipend to defray the costs of hosting and express our gratitude for your time and energy. Both individuals and tax-exempt organizations can apply using this online form. We do ask that groups applying for stipends have story circle participants complete a short survey, which can be previewed here. If you have any questions about the stipends, please reach out to Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mental and Physical Health and Safety Hotlines/Resources:
- Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or 1-800-787-3224 for TTY. You can also log onto thehotline.org or text LOVEIS to 22522.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline, 1-800-662-HELP (4357), (also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service) or TTY: 1-800-487-4889
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ+ mental health support): 866-488-7386 or text START to 78678
- Trans lifeline: 877-565-8860
- LGBT Youth Talkline: 800-246-7743 (800-246-PRIDE)
- Crisis Text Line: text START to 741741
- Alaska Careline provides crisis intervention at 1-877-266-4357 (or text 4help to 839863), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Community mental health centers such as Anchorage Community Mental Health Services (https://acmhs.com/, (907) 563-1000) are providing services via tele-health and accept Medicaid or have a sliding fee scale.
- NAMI-Alaska (https://www.namialaska.org/) is offering free education and support groups on-line.
- Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Hotline: 1-800-478-4444 or email email@example.com
- Local Domestic Violence and Sexual Abuse hotlines can be found here.
- For other resources dial 211, 7 AM- 8 PM, 7 days a week for free and confidential referrals to resources in your community.
Want to stay in touch or learn about more programs and events?
Please contact us using the form below if you would like to learn about future events and/or have comments that you would rather not put in the survey (above).